Lead QA Engineer
Our Engineering division is detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working with the agile methodology as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
This position requires a strong mind for software development and works closely with product and engineering partners to build best-in-class quality software. You must have leadership capabilities to manage ideas, timelines and deliverables in a startup environment with aggressive deadlines. This position helps the company manage risk through writing functional code tests that help find code problems early. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who can drive ideas and execution while helping to develop our QA discipline.
- Solve challenging problems working with large dataset transformations
- Lead and support efforts to automate testing
- Build automated functional and regression testing
- Create and maintain test plans for new and existing features
- Perform stress and load testing of applications
- Keep team updated on status of release and communicate obstacles and testing risks
- Use modern infrastructure tools and platforms to automate our systems
What We Look For:
- Experience in the advertising industry
- 7+ yrs in quality assurance and development ideally and/or proven skills
- Strong SQL experience
- Browser Automation tool experience, preferred
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related field a plus but NOT required, we look for proven talent and skill
- Great person with enterprise software QA experience
- Have passion, come to work and play hard everyday
- Experience establishing, leading, and inspiring world class development
- Love feedback and understand iterative development cycles
- Passion and expertise working with engineering, product, and marketing teams
- Knowledge of current development strategies and trends across web application and mobile application platforms
- Other duties as assigned (whatever we forgot to put in here)
Fluency is headquartered in Vermont. This position is remote US based. If local, you have the option to go into the office.
Fluency provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.