Our Engineering division is detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working with the agile methodology as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
As the IT Manager you will have proven leadership experience but comfortable working as an individual contributor. Your primary focus will be to oversee all the IT infrastructure, systems and applications across the organization. Working closely with the engineering team to ensure that the company’s IT systems are running smoothly and efficiently. Additionally, you will be responsible for all security, helpdesk and vendor management.
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Maintain IT infrastructure, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, software and hardware
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
- Lead and execute on-going security assessments, penetration tests, application and network scans
- Lead the security operations including network, application, end user computing security
- Ensure that the company’s IT systems are secure and protected
- Audit firewall usage and assess their outcomes
- Develop and implement disaster recovery plans
- Manage all compliance including; ISO 270001, SOC 2 Type 2
- Maintain and manage AWS and VPN server infrastructure
- Support internal employees with all helpdesk related issues
- Negotiate contracts and manage vendor relationships
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures
- Manage IT budget and ensure that all IT projects are completed on time and within budget
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware and software
What We Look For:
- 5+ yrs in an information technology role ideally and/or proven skills
- Degree in a related field a plus but NOT required, we look for proven talent and skill
- Expertise in implementing, configuring, and testing IT solutions
- Expertise in data center management and data governance
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Knowledge of data-driven development methodologies
- Loves feedback and understands iterative development cycles
- Experience with the advertising industry a plus
- Great person with proven IT manager experience
- Be alive and have passion to join our team
- Drive for success
Fluency is headquartered in Vermont. This position is remote US based. If local, you have the option to go into the office.
Fluency provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.